The Conference was held in Edinburgh, United Kingdom on January 17-19, 2014. Drs. Vicente E. Torres (Mayo Clinic, USA) and Olivier Devuyst (University of Zurich, Switzerland) co-chaired this conference.
The objective of this conference was to assess the current state of knowledge related to the evaluation, management and treatment of ADPKD, to summarize the outstanding knowledge gaps, and to propose a research agenda to resolve standing controversial issues.
We hope that the next step will be to develop a global guideline on ADPKD and help to harmonize and standardize the care of ADPKD patients worldwide.
Visit the KDIGO website or directly download:
- Executive Summary
- Full Conference Report
- Conference Overview & Objectives
Presenters: Olivier Devuyst & Vicente Torres (Conference Co-Chairs)
- Evolution of Imaging-Based Diagnosis
Presenter: York Pei
- Present & Future Role of Molecular Genetic Diagnostics
Presenter: Peter Harris
- Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis and Childhood Diagnostic Evaluation
Presenter: Carsten Bergmann
- Patient Perspective: Counseling & Diagnostic Implications
Presenter: Dwight Odland
- What Endpoints Should Be Used in Clinical Trials for ADPKD?
Presenter: Arlene Chapman
- Innovations in Evaluation & Management of Renal Complications in ADPKD
Presenter: Shigeo Horie
- Unique Features of Hypertension in ADPKD
Presenter: Robert Schrier
- Are Prevention of Decline in Renal Function & Cardiovascular Complications Interconnected in ADPKD?
Presenter: Tevfik Ecder
- Patient Perspective: Dietary Management, Lifestyle Adaptations, Psychological & Social Support
Presenter: Tess Harris
- Living Donor Evaluation, Unique Aspects of the Evaluation, and Management of ADPKD Transplant Recipients
Presenter: Klemens Budde
- Choice of Modality & Management of Dialysis in ADPKD Patients
Presenter: Ahsan Alam
- Evaluation & Management of Polycystic Liver Disease
Presenter: Joost Drenth
- Screening & Management of Intracranial Aneurysms and Other Cardiovascular Associations
Presenter: Yves Pirson