PKD International is a global network of patient organisations created to fight all forms of Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD).
PKD International is a non-profit, non-governmental association which will carry out its activities internationally. The registered office is in Geneva, Switzerland. Its location may be moved to such other place as decided by the Executive Board. Further offices may be established.
The purpose of PKD International is to enhance the lives of those it affects worldwide.
Note: PKD International does not support individual patients and families. That is done within the national organizations.
Articles of association of PKD International-final April 7, 2011 (PDF, size of file 68 kB)
PKD International will achieve its purpose through the following activities:
- Supporting open communication and exchange of ideas between doctors, researchers, other health professionals and patients
- Promotion and facilitation of relevant educational programmes
- Promotion of research into PKD
- Encouraging patient involvement in global research
- Facilitating collaborative fund raising
- Supporting the creation and development of local PKD patient groups
- Communicating and lobbying international governments and other relevant organisations to promote the interests of people with PKD
- Co-operation with other related non-profits, charities, voluntary and statutory bodies.